CAMP KITCHEN MANAGER
CAMP KITCHEN MANAGER
Be our Camp Kitchen Manager!
Greetings! You are taking the first steps to an amazing summer job experience that will impact YOU as much as you impact the children. The most successful Camp Granite Lake staff members are those with the drive and excitement to provide a great summer camp growth experience to children.
2022 Dates: June 1st – August 6th
Kitchen Manager Job Description
Summary: The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the food-service operation of camp, including staff supervision, ordering, preparation, sanitation, customer service, and record keeping. The Kitchen Manager works closely with the Camp Director to ensure a smooth operation and coordination with all aspects of camp.
Reports To: Camp Director
Responsibilities: (included but not limited to):
- Personnel Management & Supervision:
- Train and supervise Chefs and Kitchen Staff to understand camp procedures, operations, and expectations with regards to food quality and cleanliness
- Supervise Chefs and Kitchen Staff on a daily basis
- Support, evaluate, and develop Kitchen Staff throughout summer
- Work with Camp Director to coordinate schedules and job tasks for kitchen staff
- Ordering, Inventory, Menus:
- Manage food ordering, food budget, and inventory
- Act as a representative of CGL in all interactions with outside vendors.
- Review and suggest modifications to menus
- Additional Duties:
- Prepare and deliver food as a Chef as scheduled and needed
- Work with state licensing, health department, and ACA to ensure all proper protocols are being followed
- Work with Camp Directors, Nurses, and Parents to provide alternative meal options for staff, campers and guests with food allergies and special diets
- Coordinate with Backpacking, Culinary and off-site Swim programs on food ordering and advanced preparation.
- Culinary degree OR equivalent experience in institutional or food service setting
- Experience managing staff in a food service setting
- Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving, storage of food, and kitchen procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of food allergies, and special dietary needs
- Budgeting experience
- Servsafe certified
Individuals must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills. They must be prepared to step in and accomplish all aspects of kitchen responsibilities; not only providing an excellent experience to our campers and staff, but also serving as a role model to those you manage and work alongside of.
- Compensation: Salary starts at $800/week including room & board